Coronavirus (Covid 19) is a respiratory disease caused by a new virus. The illness causes respiratory (flu like) symptoms ranging from a cough, sore throat, temperature to severe respiratory distress requiring hospitalisation and in some cases, death. Coronavirus disease spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze. It also spreads when a person touches a surface or object that has the virus on it, then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth.
Simple Ways to help protect yourself include
- Washing your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water
- Using alcohol based hand sanitiser
- Avoid touching your face
- Keeping a distance from other people of at least 1.5m
- Stay at home unless it essential to go out
Simple Ways to help protect others include
- Covering your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or your elbow/shoulder if you cough or sneeze
- Social distancing
- Self isolate from others if you feel unwell.
Precautions we are taking at Ranford Medical Centre
- Telehealth consultations are available to all patients where clinically appropriate.
- All patients are screened before entry in to the surgery for cold/flu like symptoms and their temperatures are taken.
- Any person with respiratory symptoms or temperatures are treated in a separate area by a single doctor using protective clothing which may include masks, gloves, gowns and goggles.
- Patients are encouraged to stay in their car until the doctor is ready to see them to reduce time spent in the surgery.
- All doctors, nurses and staff wear masks and follow strict hand hygiene measures.
- Surgery is cleaned several times each day using an antibacterial/antiviral solution following Health Department guidelines.
- Chairs in doctors rooms, waiting room and treatment areas are spaced out for social distancing.
- We encourage patients to come alone or with a single primary care giver where possible.
Our normal practice services are available for our regular patients, call reception 9456 0800 to discuss your requirements.