Repeat Scripts & Referrals
Ranford Medical is a privately owned, mixed billing practice offering the highest standard of patient care. Our Doctors work in partnership with our patients to provide the most clinically appropriate healthcare, and consultations are necessary for this relationship.
Our aim is to accommodate our patients requests using professional, safe, best clinical practice and the guidelines below will help us to assist you in obtaining the best health outcomes for your script and referral needs.
- Repeat prescriptions for regular medication are available for order over the telephone for patients who have attended the surgery for a face-to-face consultation within the previous 3 months.
- There is a $15 charge for all eligible patients ordering scripts in this way, and requests can be made via reception on 9456 0800.
- 24 hours notice is required, and scripts will be available for collection from reception.
- Please see below for authority scripts.
For all patients who have not attended the practice within 3 months, a face to face consultation will be required.
Clinical needs change over time. Medications, dosage, blood pressure, specialist correspondence all need to be reviewed before a new script can be provided, making sure that your script is the most appropriate medication for you at this time.
Please book an appointment with reception or via our website to see your preferred practitioner.
Patients with webster packs held at local pharmacies need to book an appointment to see their regular GP for script owings. Please book an appointment before using your final script repeat.
There are strict controls around prescribing S4 and S8 authority medications. A face-to-face consultation is required by our doctors for these prescriptions, and they not available via telehealth.
S8 pain relief medications are not available to new patients at their first consultation.
- If you regularly require a prescription for an authority medication, it is important that you arrange for a consultation with your regular GP when starting your last repeat to avoid running out of medication.
All repeat referrals require a telehealth appointment. Please book via reception, and your referrals will be available for collection from reception once completed. Consultations for the referral are Bulk Billed to medicare.
If your referral is to see a new specialist, to update your team care arrangement, or to renew a mental health care plan, a face-to-face consultation is needed. For team cares and mental health care plans, please book a long consultation with your GP.
Please request your referral in plenty of time before your specialist review to ensure you receive any eligible medicare rebate for your appointment.
24 hours notice is required for all referrals or reprints.